Sunday 26 June 2016

Hairstyle Guide

There are a large number of hairstyles on offer in Style Boutique ranging from short styles to updos such as pigtails or cat ears. Some hairstyles are available straight away and most must be unlocked. To unlock new styles, you must use certain styles multiple times. For example to unlock the volumised side ponytail, you must use the side ponytail styles multiple times on customers that visit the hair salon. Some styles can only be unlocked by talking to certain NPC's around the city. These NPC's are Callie and her family in disguise and they provide you with special styles such as the Cat Ears or Sausage Curls. It can take some time to unlock all the styles. A good trick is to focus on giving customers to style you need to use to unlock the next one. All my customers for about an hour got side ponytails because I was trying to unlock all the side ponytails.

The hairstyles are divided into the following categories in the game.
Short = 12 styles.
Bob =  6 styles.
Medium = 7 styles.
Long =  8 styles.
Updo = 35 styles.
Fringes = 25 styles.

Some hair styles do not have a fringe option and the styles in the Bob category also fall under the short and medium categories. The pictures below show what each hairstyle looks like and all hairstyles (excluding fringes) were styled using the swept back fringe option. All hairstyles shown in this guide have Champagne as the main hair colour and Walnut as the highlight. You will be able to see where the highlights are featured on each hairstyle.


Short Hairstyles
Curly Crew Cut - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.
Pixie Cut - Default
Slicked Back - Unlock through repeated use of short styles. 

Short & Spiky - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.
Volume Layered Crop - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.
Layered Crop - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.
Side-Swept Bob - Default
Tousled Bob - Default
Straight Bob - Default
Mullet - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.
Short & Choppy - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.
Pageboy - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.






Bob Styles
Layered Crop - Unlock through repeated use of short styles.
Side-Swept Bob - Default
Tousled Bob - Default
Straight Bob - Default
Volumised Midi - Unlock through repeated use of medium styles.
Straight Midi - Unlock through repeated use of medium styles.




Medium Hairstyles
Spiky Punk - Unlock through repeated use of medium styles.
Flicked Layers - Unlock through repeated use of medium styles.
Afro - Unlock by talking to Callie (disguised as Sally) at Station Square.
Volumised Midi - Unlock through repeated use of medium styles.
Straight Midi - Unlock through repeated use of medium styles.
Shoulder-Length Half Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of medium styles.
Medium Loose Curl - Default


Talk to Callie and Leonora (in disguise to unlock Afro & Bouffant styles)






Long Styles
Long & Straight - Default
Long & Wavy - Unlock through repeated use of long styles.
Volumised Long - Default
Long Half Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of long styles.
Long Ribbon Curls - Unlock through repeated use of long styles.
Hippie Style - Unlock through repeated use of long styles.
Sausage Curls - Unlock by talking to the strange girl with the fake mustache at Cafetiere Close.
Side-Swept Waves - Unlock through repeated use of long styles.


This mysterious character will provide you with the Sausage Curls style.



Updo Styles
Side Ponytail - Default
Side Plait - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
Plaited Pigtails - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
Short Pigtails - Default
Long Pigtails - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
Looped Plaited Pigtails - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
Long Plaited Pigtails - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
Side Bun - Unlock through repeated use of bun styles.
Double Buns - Default
Topknot - Unlock through repeated use of bun styles.
Ballet Bun - Default
Chignon - Unlock through repeated use of bun styles.
Messy Buns - Unlock through repeated use of bun styles.
Curly Bun - Unlock through repeated use of bun styles.
Straight Side Ponytail - Default
Volumised Side Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of side ponytail styles.
High Side Ponytail - Default
Cornrow Side Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of side ponytail styles.
Natural Side Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of side ponytail styles.
Curly Side Ponytail - Default
Ribbon Curled Side Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of side ponytail styles.
Straight Pigtails - Default
Volumised High Pigtails - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
High Ribbon Curl Pigtails - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
High Half Pigtails - Unlock through repeated use of pigtail styles.
High Plaited Pigtails - Unlock by talking to EL-LI-OT at Station Square.
Short Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of ponytail styles.
High Ponytail - Default
High Volumised Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of ponytail styles.
Low Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of ponytail styles.
Messy Ponytail - Unlock through repeated use of ponytail styles.
Messy Updo - Unlock through repeated use of ponytail or messy styles.
Cat Ears - Talk to Kitty at Primrose Park.
Bouffant - Talk to Leonore (Leonora in disguise) at Station Square.
Hair Bow - Unlock through repeated use of bun styles.
This alien in disguise will give you the High Plaited Pigtails style.
Leonora (in disguise) will give you the stylish Bouffant style.

Befriend this catgirl to receive the Cat Ears style.




Fringes
Swept Back - Default
Wavy Centre Parting - Unlock through use of part fringe styles.
Centre Parting - Default
Lifted Centre Parting - Default
Soft Centre Parting - Unlock through use of part fringe styles.
Pompadour - Default
Short Fringe - Unlock through use of bang fringe styles.
Face-Framing Fringe - Unlock through use of bang fringe styles.
Full Fringe - Default
Plaited Fringe (R) - Default
Plaited Fringe (L) - Unlock through use of plaited fringe (R).
Thick Fringe - Unlock through use of bang fringe styles.
Choppy Full Fringe - Default
M-Shaped Fringe - Unlock through use of bang fringe styles.
Choppy Short Fringe - Unlock through use of bang fringe styles.
Asymmetric Fringe (L) - Default
Asymmetric Fringe (R) - Unlock through use of Asymmetric Fringe (L).
Point-Cut Fringe (R) - Default
Point-Cut Fringe (L) - Unlock through use of Point-Cut Fringe (R).
Tight Fringe (L) - Default
Tight Fringe (R) - Unlock through use of Tight Fringe (L).
Natural Side-Fringe (L) - Default
Natural Side-Fringe (R) - Unlock through use of Natural Side-Fringe (L).
Diagonal Fringe (L) - Default
Diagonal Fringe (R) - Unlock through use of Diagonal Fringe (L).






93 comments:

  1. Is there a specific time Lenore, Kitty, and Callie show up or is it just random?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all random. But I found they showed up usually after I worked at the salon for a long period of time, say 30 minutes.

      Delete
    2. Good afternoon, look, I have a problem and I can't get the hairstyle called "High Half Pigtails" I keep offering you types of tails and there's no way do you know if there is a hairstyle that can unlock it sooner? Because I really wear all kinds of normal ponytails and there's no way it's going to come out. Thanks in advance

      Delete
    3. Hello! This hairstyle is quite a pain to unlock. It just unlocks randomly by using pigtails style. I just kept using styles that were higher up on the head like straight or high ribbon. Eventually it unlocked for me through repeated use. I hope it becomes available for you soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Do you have any advice as to which styles are Formal? I keep having customers tell me the style isn't formal enough, especially when they also requested that it be Romantic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Formal styles are ones that a quite neat and tidy like buns or side swept waves.

      Delete
    2. Okay, I'll give those a try. I haven't unlocked side swept waves yet, and I've been hesitant to try the bun when they ask for long hair. Thanks for your help!

      Delete
    3. I know this is late, I only discovered this blog this week. Formal styles tend to be straighter hair or less curly looking such as the Side Swept Bob and Long & Straight. The latter is better for a Romantic hairstyle. I'll often use this as my go-to Romantic hairstyle regarless of whether the customer wants it Formal or not.

      Delete
  3. For me, long plaited pigtails was a default style and I've yet to unlock short pigtails and long pigtails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the defaults are different in Style Savvy, I have the Australian version which is Style Boutique. Try working on using the pigtails all the time and you should unlock the short and long pigtails option.

      Delete
    2. I've got the PAL version in The UK, and this is the same for me

      Delete
  4. Is there going to be a guide about which kinds of hair are what style, what hairs are considered wavy/curly etc?? It's so hard to tell sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've been working on a guide but it's not ready yet. Might be a little while, but yes it is hard to tell sometimes.

      Delete
  5. I literally cannot get leonore or kitty to show up. I've done the first ending and I've played for hours straight :/ how do I get them to show up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, neither! Not sure what's going on. Last night, I did see the weird woman at the Cafe, who gave me the sausage curls. Underneath that disguise, I think she's the natural girl that some customers want to imitate, especially her makeup. I think her name is Trixie, maybe?

      Delete
    2. It takes a while for them to appear, well it did for me. Took at least over 50 hours of the game (but I didn't work at the hair salon much before that). If you just work out the hair salon for ages, they should appear.

      Yes, the girl under the disguise is one of the 5 Sisters.

      Delete
  6. well I'll keep trying XP the salon is where I work most so let's hope its soon. 30hrs in haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so dumb that it randomly happens, but keep trying and it should pop up.
      Haha join the club, my records say 170 hours.

      Delete
  7. i'm having trouble unlocking 2 short hairstyles the short n spikey and slicked back. I keep using the short hairstyles repeatively but nothings happening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of trouble with the shorter hairstyles as well. Try using the pixie cut maybe and see if that works.

      Delete
    2. I don't have either of those short styles, either. Thanks for the tip on trying the pixie cut. I barely use it because I think it's ugly, lol. I'll start using it with customers wearing hats.

      Delete
  8. So far I got the slicked back hair, but which hairstyle unlocks the short n spikey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no particular style, you just need to keep using the short styles and it will unlock randomly. When I was unlocking styles, I would focus on using the styles listed before it. So try using slicked back and pixie cut.

      Delete
  9. This guide was very helpful!

    I was wondering if Kitty is mostly random or if she appears at a certain time of day, year, or season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally random for when she will appear. But if you work at the Hair Salon a lot, it increases the chances of her appearing as it is directly related to unlocking a hairstyle.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've played for 3 days none stop, I've got almost 20 fashion shows done (not within the 3 days but just overall in general) I can't get Trixie or Leonore and Callie to show up. It might be possible to unlock the hairstyles without them. Like I've gotten the high plaits without talking to Ellie.

    What do you think?

    Also I try to work for hours at the hair salon but after about 40 minutes the customers stop coming, does that mess up their chances of appearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The characters in disguise who give you special hairstyles show up randomly around the town. For me, they showed up at different times in the game. Ellie appeared when I was still completing the main story line part and the others appeared after like another 20 hours of gameplay. There's no specific time for when they appear. You should only be able to unlock the hairstyles through the disguise characters, I don't believe they changed it for the NA release.

      Delete
    2. With the customers disappearing thing, that does happen whenever you work in any shop. I've had customers stop appearing after 10 minutes sometimes. It shouldn't affect the special characters appearing. They are just random and there's no way to predict it.

      Delete
    3. Just been looking through this guide and realised I unlocked the High Plaited Pogtails in the Salon too; I’ve never even seen anyone resembling Ellie until I used this style with the Choppy Short Fringe. It looked hideous but I loved it and got to correct that a bit later on. I think that that one is probably the only style that has that level of flexibilty, with Ellie maybe showin up if you haven’t unlocked it at the Salon after so long because the order is random and depends on what styles you use for each customer and their requests

      Delete
    4. Hmm maybe that is the case, I got it from Ellie quite early on in the game so no clue on how that happened. It was literally a few months until I found the next special hairstyle

      Delete
  12. I prefer working in the hair salon to my own boutique, so this guide is really helpful for getting the hairstyles I really like. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my guide :) Yes, working at the salon is fun

      Delete
  13. Something weird happened in my game. I got the High Plaited Pigtails by using pigtail styles, but also later on I met with EL-LI-OT and recieved them again... It still only shows up as one style, but I think it's a bit strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is normal, sometimes you will get the event more than once. I got the afro one again the other day. It will only count as one style.

      Delete
  14. I did the Pixieu Cut a couple of time,Maybe about 3 times and ended up getting the Curly Crew Cut.Did that a few times also about 3 times.. and got the slicked back hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Also.. after doing a bunch of short hair.. I kept doing the slicked hairstyle and others and finally got the spike hair.

      Delete
    2. That's the way to do it to unlock hairstyles. You just need to keep using styles of short hair and eventually a new one will unlock.

      Delete
  15. After studying the hairstyle system enough times, I can probably bring up the following tips.

    1: When a customer does not want a fringe, pigtails are out of the question.
    2: "Ponytails" and "Side Ponytails" are completely different. If a customer wants a "Ponytail", it can NOT be a "Side Ponytail".
    3: Shoulder Length often refers to medium length hair. Straight Midi and Shoulder-Length Half Ponytail seem to do the job.
    4: No fringe = Swept Back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was aware of all these excellent tips :)

      Delete
    2. No fringe doesn't necessarily mean swept back. Several times I have had customers ask me for no fringe, and I gave them framing strands. For some reason, they accept it.

      Delete
    3. Yes, the first few fringe styles aren't actually fringes. They just had to be organised somewhere and got placed in the fringe section.

      Delete
  16. Just a quick question: I've already gotten both the afro and the bouffant from Lenore and Callie/Sally, but every so often they reappear, and if I'm wearing a Bold outfit, there's a little photo op with Callie, but it almost seems like they're still trying to give me something and I'm just not qualifying? Is there really something I'm missing or is it normal for them to keep appearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just a photo event in the game, they aren't trying to give you an item. The first time you see them is when you unlock the hairstyle. After that, they just want to see you in a cool outfit and take a photo. They will keep re-appearing, I think I've seen them 4 times now.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  17. do plaited pigtails count as pigtails?
    Im trying to get the high half pigtails style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To unlock the high half pigtails, I'd focus on using styles that are pigtails higher up on the head, i.e straight pigtails or high ribbon. These styles are close to the one you are trying to unlock. You can use the plaited pigtails also, but when I was unlocking them I focused on using styles that were in the types near the one I was trying to unlock.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, that really helps!

      Delete
  18. Have you ever considered making a guide for what hairstyles fall under what themes? I know that the plaited pigtails would be Girly and that the side-swept waves would fall under Feminine or Chic, but I can't seem to find the right hairstyle for the other themes(expect maybe the Layered Crop for Bold).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about it, just haven't had the time just yet. Hopefully in the next month I might do one.

      Delete
  19. What do I have to do so that Kitty appears?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is random when she appears but if you focus on giving updo styles, there is a higher chance of her appearing.

      Delete
  20. How do you unlock ribbon curls?? (NOT LONG RIBBON CURLS) They look like sausage curls but they're not as thick. I can't seem to unlock them; they're usually worn by the princess style people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you refering to the Sausage Curls? To unlock them you need to talk to the NPC Lord B who appears in Cafetiere Close. It is random on when she appears, but I found using long styles a lot heaps.

      Delete
    2. No, not sausage curls. They look very similar to sausage curls but they're not as thick. They're called ribbon curls (not to be confused with long ribbon curls) and they're usually worn by the princess style people. They show a picture of them in the style index but I can't seem to unlock them,

      Delete
    3. I looked up the term in the style index and the term ribbon curls is just referring to a range of hairstyles that feature that particular style of curls (it doesn't refer to one certain type). The hairstyle pictured in the index is the sausage curls. The picture is just from a different angle and colour than the one in the guide. To unlock them, just follow the instructions in my previous comment :)

      Delete
    4. I have sausage curls and I was just wondering, are they considered gothic or baby doll style? It says in the index they're worn by their "delicate wearers" and I wasn't sure if that meant gothic or baby doll. I'm currently wearing them with a baby doll outfit.

      Delete
    5. I've seen an even amount of gothic and baby-doll characters wearing them. But I think it fits both styles as they are closely related to each other.

      Delete
  21. How do I unlock the five sisters story!!?? *scream*

    I have talked to the butler at peony hall,
    gave so many haircuts,
    Clicked on peony hall as long as I could imagine,
    TALKED TO CALLIE ON A DESIGN, WHERE SHE STATED "My SISTER loves houndsooth patterns"
    Talked to that fourtune girl...

    IDK WHAT TO DO :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no set way to unlock it. It is a random event that occurs at no particular time. You just need to wait, it didn't appear for me until like 60 hours of game play time.

      Delete
    2. o
      okay
      Also,
      what even is the point of that fourtune teller at Bun-bun funland? I have been playing this game for about 100 hrs.

      Delete
    3. She appears at various train station locations including Bun-Bun Funland. It's just where she appears really, no specific reason.

      Delete
  22. I got it all of them, my fav one is cat ears!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I actually got the High Plaited Pigtails from Noor .-.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How the heck do you get hair bow??!! It is adorable and I need it in my life. I have tried using buns for 6+ hours and I still haven't got it. Is there a specific style I need to use, because if there is, I need to know. HELP ME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me forever to unlock that one as well. Try using some other hairstyles in the updo category that are similuar to buns, like low pony tails.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I did this and finally, after 2 hours, I finally unlocked it!

      Delete
    3. Finally, yay!! It took me like 3 hours to get the last one I needed.

      Delete
  25. How on earth do you get cat ears and the bouffant style???! I work at the salon a lot, probably more than the boutique, and I still haven't gotten either! What am I doing wrong?? Someone please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are special hairstyles that you need to unlock by talking to Lord B and Kitty. They appear at random unfortunately so there is no exact way to unlock them. I found when I unlocked them, I focused on using simiular hairstyles (i.e. the ones listed next to the one you are trying to unlock). That's the best tip I can give as that's the only method I've found that works.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I will try that. Its kind of weird that I get Bouffant, Afro, etc. before the hair bow.

      Delete
    3. I got the cat ears first and then a really long gap before I got any of the others. And I wasn't actively looking to unlock them either. I got the bouffant and afro way before the hair bow.

      Delete
  26. How long did it take you to get high half pigtails and the ribbon curled side pony? What styles did you use to get them? I MUST KNOW!!!! Thank you :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For high half pigtails, keep using pigtail styles. That was the last one I unlocked it and took forever. I kept using ones liked plaited pigtails and straight pigtails. Not saying that will 100% work, but that's what I found helped.
      For ribbon curled side pony, try using side ponytail sides. I used straight side ponytail.
      Keep trying to unlock them! Never give up :)

      Delete
  27. Thanks Marzi! Because of your help, I finally managed to get all of them! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help :) Glad you unlocked them all finally

      Delete
  28. Do you have any advice for hairstyles that have volume but are still formal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a guide on hairstyle categories which you can find under the guide index. Some formal styles that I know of include:
      Chignon
      Shoulder Length Half Pony
      Plaited Fringe
      Ballet Bun
      Swept Back
      Volumised Side Ponytail

      Delete
  29. Do plaited pigtails count as pigtails? (This may seem like a stupid question, but I'm from North America where plaited pigtails are called braids and considered to be much different)

    ReplyDelete
  30. How strange, I unlocked high plaited pigtails without talking to Elliot.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've been playing for 2 years and I can't get the afro or kitty ears

    ReplyDelete
  32. only got this game like a month ago but i would be struggling SO BAD without these guides you are such a legend for this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that the guides have been super useful :)

      Delete
  33. What type of fringe is the curtain style bangs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I think the soft centre parting is quite close or you could go with the last few styles of fringes shown in the picture.

      Delete
  34. What is the best hairstyle with bangs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't a set best hairstyle for bangs and I personally would say its just whatever yourself or the client likes. Or sometimes I find some bangs look better with certain images like Baby-Doll.

      Delete
  35. The face framing layers is very popular hairstyle right now, this is also known as the hime bangs

    ReplyDelete